Aren't they all gorgeous? They're so pretty that I can't decide which one to get!
Speaking of getting organized and accomplishing things in 2012, let's talk about the obligatory New Year's Resolutions. As I mentioned in my very first post, I don't do "NewYear's Resolutions" exactly, but I am big on goals and self-improvement, so I usually do a list of things I want to accomplish before my next birthday. I made my 30 Things Before I Turn 30 list last October, but it seems appropriate to share it now - when in Rome, right? (Bonus points for anyone who mentally read that in Ron Burgundy's voice).
30 Things Before 30
5. Do one DIY project each month (preferably from my insanely crowded Pinterest board) - ongoing, see my progress here
6. Go to a fashion show
7. Have a dinner party
8. Use every single beauty product in my stash at least once
9. Wear every single item in my closet at least once; purge anything I don't love/don't wear by October
10. Watch the AFI Top 100 Movies
11. Set and stick to a budget
12. Lose the last 20 pounds to reach my goal weight
13. Read all of the Harry Potter series
14. Read and return all of the books I've borrowed from other people
15. Buy nothing for 1 month
16. Plan and host a big 30th birthday party for my husband and myself
17. Go hiking at Starved Rock
18. Go sledding
19. Plan (and actually go on) a date night with my hub at least twice a month - partially completed (more details in an upcoming post)
20. Go to the circus
21. Organize all digital and printed photos/albums and back up all pics on hard drive + cds - started
22. Get out of credit card debt
23. Start savings accounts (1) a house and (2) vacations
24. PR a half marathon
25. Go on a road trip
25. Make a piece of art to hang in my apartment
28. Go to Ireland - pleasepleasepleaseplease, I hope we can make this work!
29. Send a postcard to PostSecret
30. Find my perfect pair of jeans
Look for some upcoming posts on my progress with any or all of my pre-30th birthday goals. I also have these listed on the awesome goals website 43 Things, where you can create your own goals and follow other people's (who doesn't love a little voyeurism now and then? Follow me here!) I have a few extra goals on that list that I didn't put on my 30 Things Before 30 list because they might take longer than that. If you're more of a long-term list-maker or need some ideas to add to your own list, check out this great list from one of my favorite design bloggers too.
And on that note, it's time for me to actually get some organizing done before the work week steals all my time once again. Happy Sunday!